Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

I've spent the last 4 days in the tropical paradise of Zanzibar, having a wonderful time. It's been so great to just relax and zone out for a bit. I know what you're thinking... "Um, haven't you been doing that for 3 MONTHS?" But Uganda was definitely a stressful and emotional trip, with the Bodas for Life work and the whole emotional connection I have with the place, so Zanzibar has really been a time to reflect on the whole trip and think about what's ahead.

With the help of some hard workers back home, I managed to get my ticket changed so that I'm leaving today and heading to Ohio for my 10 year high school reunion before I go to California. For some reason, it was really important for me to go to this event. Perhaps because I haven't been to Marietta for awhile, or because my parents don't live there anymore so there's less of a reason to go-- whatever the reason, I REALLY wanted to go, and now I am going! It should be an interesting weekend, and I'm keeping an open mind about the experience!

More reflections (and pictures!) about the trip to come when I get back home to a faster internet connection!

No comments: