Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random acts of kindness...


It's always a little strange coming back to the US after time abroad, especially after being in a place like Uganda. But it's been great being back and getting back into my final few weeks here at Haas. At times it's stressful, but I really love it here.


Case in point: Yesterday, after my first day back, which was filled with classes and homework (and a nasty little stomach bug that I brought back as an African souvenir), I came home in a slightly sour mood. I was just feeling really behind on things and that I was letting people in my life down-- friends, professors, myself. However, when I got home, I found these beautiful flowers on my front porch, with a note that read:

"Just because... with love..."


Wow.


I asked around it wasn't any of the people I initially and immediately suspected. It was truly a beautiful act of kindness and it was SO meaningful to me.


So whoever did this-- if you read this blog-- thank you so much for brightening my day! It really meant a lot to me...


No comments: