Saturday, March 29, 2008

On the road again... soon...


Spring break is coming to a close, but I am actually getting ready to embark on another trip-- to Uganda! I am so excited to go back. I never dreamed that I would be going back so often, so soon!

This trip is once again in conjunction with the Blum Center project I was working on last year-- we are doing a follow up on this project. The project has expanded from Nakaseke District to Kyenjojo District in Western Uganda, and I'm really looking forward to checking out the expanded program. It's a short trip, though, and I don't know if I can even see Stella and the kids! That makes me sad, but I will be back this summer, so hopefully I can visit more substantially then.

Every time I go back to Uganda, my perspective changes a bit. In a way, I feel more and more distant from my experience there. But at the same time, I realize the importance of my time in the village. I want to try to reconnect with the people and the culture there. I also want to reconnect with who I WAS when I was there.

It'll be interesting to see how this trip goes. I'll definitely keep updating! (Above is a reminder of Patience! Hope I get to see her!)

1 comment:

yodler said...

Patience, you are a beauty! Have a wonderful trip Meera. With your open heart and open mind, the world will continue to amaze you, I am sure.